Dependable Website Hosting to Keep Your Site Up and Running
What is a Web Maintenance Plan?
Web hosting is a service that allows companies to publish a website or web page on the Internet. These websites are stored on large computers called servers that host all of the components of a website.
Even though we build each website so clients can log in whenever they want and edit the content, we have found that a majority of clients just don’t have the time or desire to manage the ongoing maintenance and security of their own server and website. Inevitably when this happens, critical updates don’t get installed, causing myriad issues down the road that must be troubleshooted and resolved, often at high cost.
We use only the most reliable servers and service providers when hosting your website. We monitor your website’s activity and traffic, as well as perform daily backups to ensure you don’t lose any data in the event of a crash.
Protect your most important online asset
Your website is your most important online asset, and keeping it running smoothly is critical for you and the customers who visit it. Our monthly website management plan takes care of everything your website needs, giving you peace of mind in knowing your website is secure and safe for your customers. We also include extra time for making any changes you need to content, photos and more. This partnership allows you to do what YOU do best, and us to do what WE do best!
ALL WEB MAINTENANCE PLANS INCLUDE:
- Hosting your website on our top-rated Managed WordPress hosting account
- SSL certificate to keep the site secure and improve Google rankings
- Monthly theme and plugin updates
- Speed optimization services to keep your site running fast
- Nightly backups and 24×7 monitoring for security risks
- “Fix-it insurance” – includes troubleshooting and/or rollbacks due to bugs from updates or hacking
- Priority status in our support queue
- Up to 30 minutes per month for any requested changes or development work (update hours do not roll over). Web update packages may be purchased for larger projects.
- Access to the website for your own team and approved vendors; complete transparency provides you with the assurance your website is still yours, and we are simply stewards of it.
What kind of work is covered in the included support/development time?
We do anything related to your covered WordPress site. We will answer questions, add content, build out a new page, change the menu, make modifications to sliders, add photos, install plugins, post a blog, etc.
Will you actually do the work for me?
Yes! Unlike some other support companies who just tell you what needs to be done, with our monthly support/development hours we will log into your website and make the changes for you. We will also take care of all the server updates, maintenance updates, backups and security protection for your site.
What is "Fix-it insurance"?
“Fix-It-Insurance” means that if your site is hacked or if you have a bug due to a regularly scheduled maintenance update, we will fix it for you free of charge.
A few important notes about this:
- Themes or plugins that are not commercially supported are not covered in this guarantee.
- In many cases, fixing a hacking or upgrade issue will require reverting to the last known clean version of the site. In this case, Client Focused Media is not responsible for any lost data due to this reversion.
- If a bug or conflict in a theme or plugin causes your site to break, then we will restore the site to the previous clean version and will not attempt to update that theme or plugin further until a fix is released.
What is accessibility monitoring?
An accessible website is one that’s compatible with assistive technologies – like screen readers, magnification tools, alternative navigation, keyboard only users, and more. By working to make your website more accessible, you are ensuring that all of your potential users, including people with disabilities, have a good user experience and can easily access your information.
Accessibility monitoring helps you stay informed on the relative accessibility of your website. You’ll receive a monthly Accessibility Report for each monitored domain, sent via email, which shows potential accessibility issues by category, as found by our automated scanning tool. (NOTE: While automated scanners don’t catch all possible accessibility issues, it is a great way to begin implementing an accessibility program.)
When you review this report, you can determine which issues are important to your business. Any issues you deem necessary to fix, just let us know. We will review the report and provide an estimate of time for fixing the requested issues.
Our monitoring service also includes:
- Discounted rates for manual auditing by a visually impaired member of our accessibility team
- Discounted rates for any additional remediation requested beyond the maintenance hour
- An updated Accessibility Statement on the website, with a form to report issues directly to our accessibility team.
What if I want to pay by check?
Paying monthly requires that you sign up for convenient automatic recurring billing with a credit or debit card. If you prefer to pay via check, we can invoice upfront in 12-month increments. Simply contact us to request this before signing up.
Do I have to host my website with Client Focused Media to sign up for this plan?
Our managed client websites are hosted on a specially-configured server for optimal speed and security. In most cases we require our maintenance plan customers to migrate their website so it is hosted with us, but some case-by-case exceptions may be made. Contact us for details before signing up for a plan.
What is your cancellation policy?
Cancellation requires 30-days advanced notice. If you choose to cancel this plan, we will migrate your website to a new Kinsta or WP Engine hosting account in your name, or if you prefer, we can provide a copy of the website files to you for implementation on the hosting provider of your choice.
What are your terms of service?
You can view our terms of service here.